Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wind farm and Real Estate Values

While the proponents of Wind Energy are going around asserting that a Wind Farm in your neighborhood will increase your property values I have my doubts.
The noises coming from Local Governmental circles re the wind farm proposal are not entirely encouraging to those of us who are against it.
Is it because they want these wind turbines in the Lake or do they just want them somewhere?

Personally I don't mind if they just want them somewhere - just don't ruin our beautiful unique (in the true meaning of the word) lake.
I'm all for alternative energy sources and how about putting scrubbers on the exhaust from Coal fired plants and using Natural gas of which there is now an abundance. What about getting the French over here to show us how to build a modern Nuclear Power system since I doubt if we now have the ability to do it ourselves.

Well, now that I got that off my chest!! - the real estate values are being impacted right now by the general malaise in the market.
The good news is that our phones have been very busy lately and we are looking forward to a better year in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment